Big Picture Conversations with Thought Leaders in Propulsion and Energy
Welcome and Opening Remarks
Monday, 25 July, 0800-0900 hrs
Opening Remarks: Dan Dumbacher, Purdue University
Keynote Speaker: Bran Ferren, Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer, applied minds, llc
Air and Space Propulsion Systems Needs
Monday, 25 July, 1330-1500 hrs
What do the systems' people need from the propulsion side?
- Dan Dumbacher, Professor of Engineering Practice, Purdue University (moderator)
- Bill Gerstenmaier, Associate Administrator Space Operations, NASA
- Gen. Ellen Pawlikowski, Commander, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio (panelist)
Game Changing Developments in Propulsion and Energy
Tuesday, 26 July, 0800-0900 hrs
Panelists will discuss the key issues and approaches associated with making future systems less costly and more affordable, and how to manage the balance between customer and seller needs.
- Janet Kavandi, Director, NASA Glenn Research Center (moderator)
- Tom Markusic, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Firefly Space Systems
- Jay Littles, Director, Advanced Launch Vehicle Propulsion, Aerojet Rocketdyne
- James Maughan, Global Technology Director, GE Global Research
High Power Systems for Aerospace Applications
Tuesday, 26 July, 1300-1430 hrs
Panelists will discuss the major technology challenges and opportunities that will shape the future of propulsion and energy, and how those challenges and opportunities should be addressed.
- Graham Warwick, Managing Editor, Technology, Aviation Week & Space Technology (moderator)
- John Narius, Chief, Propulsion and Control Division, AFRL
- Rick Hooker, Design Engineer, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
Tuesday, 26 July, 1800-1930 hrs
Panelists will discuss the formula for success and longevity in the aerospace business.
- Janet Kavandi, Director, NASA Glenn Research Center
- Dave Bowles, Director, NASA Langley Research Center
- Julie Van Kleet, Vice President, Space Programs, Aerojet Rocketdyne
Wednesday, 27 July, 1330 - 1500 hours
Keynote Speaker: Pierre Chao, Founding Partner, Renaissance Strategic Advisors